Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Steady.

Last Sunday, I was just about to end my shift and Subway was dead because there was this thing called the Superbowl that apparently about 1/3 of the American people watch. I think it's pretty much equivalent to the Fifa World Cup, except only in America. The few people who decided to be rebels all showed up to Subway via drivethru. NOTE> Subway drivethru sucks. You wait twice as long to get your sandwhiches, you basically cut in line from the people who actually use their legs to walk into the restaurant, and we are more likely to mess up your order (like the time that I took two sandwhichs from the main counter to the drivethrough and had to remake four sandwhiches because of it. ) Just don't do it. It just causes stress on us.
ANYWHO. I was making a drivethru sandwhich and the store was pretty quiet. It was near the end of the night, so all the floors had just been mopped and the tables and chairs had been wiped down. And the dishes...the hundreds of dishes had been washed- and the water spilt all over the floor. I had been feeling quite adventurous that day and I rebeled against wearing my running shoes to work and instead opted to rock the old converse with the snazzy purple laces. I rounded the corner to get some more mayonoise from the super cool walk-in fridge and I most definitely forgot that there was water on the floor, and since my converse have no traction whatsoever now, I completely wiped out on my left side. I brought down two brooms, a tall trashcan (which I actually split in half with my left arm) and one of the large dustpans that lazy people use when they don't want to bend down to use a real dustpan. The greatest thing about this is through all the unsteadiness and spilling trash, I popped right back up to get the maynoise. This whole scene happened and ended in less than 5 seconds. It was like, downUP! That fast.
My point is this. The last few weeks I've kind of been well, depressed, to say the least. And I've told God a few things that are just completely stupid and immature. But He spoke to me on Sunday night and told me that as steady as my hearts beats, so is his love for me. It can't deminish because I make a fool of myself by wiping out in Subway or by completely blaspheming and dissing him. It's gonna be there because when you die for someone, you can't exactly say, "Oh, I just decided that my entire life wasn't worth you not going to hell." And raising again just proves how commited you are. Lets just say this, we will always fail God. But his love for us remains steady no matter what. Let that blow your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment